In Search of a Magazine Cover Photo Back in June I described on my blog a trip I took where I'd focus on vertical day and night landscapes to enter into Outdoor Photographer magazine's Cover Photo contest: http://activesole.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-search-of-magazine-cover-photo.html Well, my new shots from that trip didn't win, but a star trails shot from a couple of weeks earlier in Yosemite National Park did! I hear it'll be the November cover, which should hit newsstands in a few shot weeks. I should have a cover mock-up to show you shortly. It's going to be Outdoor Photographer's best issue EVER! No, I don't know what will be inside yet, but the cover will rock, so they'd better make the rest good! I wonder if they'd consider not putting that big yellow title over my stars... Update 9/12 : Outdoor Photographer magazine has posted a copy of the October issue with an article on star trail photography: http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/how-to/sh...
wow ... fantastic ... the beauty of lights :D
ReplyDeleteThis is in a very hot desert environment, so it's tempting to visit in the Fall when temperatures are more reasonable, but the sun in only high enough to shine deep into the canyon at mid-day, and you get far more light rays if you visit close to the late June Summer solstice, when the sun is at its highest point in the sky in the Northern Hemisphere.
ReplyDeleteoh!!!! really nice ..
ReplyDelete