Las Vegas Was a Blur...

Las Vegas Was a Blur...
After several days of landscape photography the #DV2012 G+ Photowalk crew passed through Las Vegas Saturday night for a sampling of bright lights. Vegas is always busy on a Saturday, but this week seemed more hectic than usual with Spring Break underway. Running around Vegas was quite a change of scenery! It was a late night, but the next morning, even after pursuing sunrises and night shots with too little sleep for days on end, some of us still made it out to Red Rock Canyon before dawn to capture the full moon setting at sunrise.

It'll take a few days to get through the photos from the trip, but I can't wait to show you what we found along the way!













Comments

  1. Superb set, I could not see all but will come back and visit when I have a better link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set that was.
    And some of the sunsets were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you enjoyed!!! Can not wait to spend time browsing the content!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!
    Maciej Markiewicz Yes, the week was amazing, Vegas was its usual exotic self, and I'm recovering from it all, in a good, "happy tired" way.
    Gerard Sanz and Sumit Sen Thanks, I'll have dozens of new photos to share over the next few days. Even clearing about 200GB on my hard drive before I left, I captured so many images I was only able to clear enough space on my laptop to glance at many of them for the first time last night! In many cases my reaction was, oh yeah, I did that too!
    Sathish Jothikumar Thanks! I'm thrilled that you'll be coming to Yosemite and we'll get to meet in person. Online interaction is great, interacting with people who share the passion of photography, but it's even better when I can share the actual moments of beauty and creation in person, and meet people for stunning natural events in the field. Google+ is nice that way. I hope it's moving in the direction of enabling people to seamlessly move online and off, interacting in person and online around shared interests. Sharing of photos and videos from in-person events is central to that, and the addition of event scheduling tools and group photo sharing & discussion capability (like in Panoramio) would get G+ so much further toward that potential.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun, where can I get info on upcoming photo walks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matthew Kuhns My next two photowalks coinciding with the full moon dates in early May and June are being organized through the pages Yosemite National Park Workshops and Eastern Sierra Nevada Workshops. I may announce more soon on my blog over on Blogger: www.MyPhotoGuides.com.

    Other workshops in the area are often announced on the Northern California Photowalks page managed by elizabeth hahn, one of the most active photowalk participants on G+. Many G+ photowalk announcements are shared by Google Photos manager Brian Rose and his team members Vincent Mo and Dave Cohen (particularly the ones they're planning on attending). Also follow Gerard Sanz, community manager for Google's Panoramio site (which maps photos onto Google Earth). Gerard has been one of the more active photowalk supporters and participants at Google, and some photowalks emphasizing use of Google mapping and geotagged photo technologies get listed on the Panoramio calendar.

    Other people you might want to follow who lead and participate in many photowalks include Thomas Hawk Lotus Carroll Trey Ratcliff and Scott Jarvie. Robert Scoble led one to Yosemite a few months ago, and I hope he find time to organize or participate in more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeffrey Sullivan I am excited as well. It would be a great experience to meet a lot of talented photographers out in one of the most beautiful locations... The flow of ideas, information and creativity in these meetups foster a great sense of camaraderie amongst photographers, creating lasting bonds!

    I concur that G+ should create some methods to handle events ( I remember one such service already: Schemer, but it still needs some brushing up!)
    Seeya soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, and so sorry I wasn't able to spend more time with you while you were here. I hope you make it back again sometime - or if you make it to Death Valley, I'll drive out there. Thanks for these awesome photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam Chalkley We visit Death Valley 4-5 times per year, and even having been there dozens of times, there are still several new places I'd like to explore. We'll try to get back to VoF soon too, perhaps during a new moon next time for night shots featuring lots of stars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool Jeffrey Sullivan! I'll bring my tent next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you come to a photowalk where I am attending do not forget to bring the latest technology in earplugs... I snore like a horse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gerard Sanz Funny! I had a sleep apnea test done, and I snore sometimes above OSHA levels! No wonder I'm losing my hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeffrey Sullivan thank you for such an in depth reply. I clearly have a lot of exploring and learning to do on google plus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G+ Photowalk May 4-7: Yosemite National Park

Limited Time Offer

Valley of Fire