Twenty More from the Valley of Fire Photowalk

Twenty More from the Valley of Fire Photowalk
Including at least six more moon rise or set shots. Our digital cameras had insufficient dynamic range to capture the moon and landscape well in a single exposure. I recommended bracketing exposure in case it might be possible to add the moon detail back in, but in most cases HDR tends to leave the moon with nasty halos as it moves (even between exposures only 1/3 second apart), so it'll take a bit of work in Photoshop to try to get the exposures to blend together more gracefully to restore moon detail.

The latest additions are all placed at the front of the album. Several of the attendees are still traveling and haven't uploaded many (or any) photos yet, but you can search on the #lv2012 hashtag to see more photos from the trip.













Comments

  1. Everything looks great in the soft light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eric Wingrove and Daniel Ewert. I'd definitely like to return for more side-lit first light shots like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to drive down there before it gets too damn hot. Only 1 1/2 hr drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a textbook example of perfect light bringing color and texture to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful album, seeing your photos makes it hurt all over again that I wasn't able to make this one. Hopefully I can make at least one of the other two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

G+ Photowalk May 4-7: Yosemite National Park

Limited Time Offer

Valley of Fire