G+ Photowalk May 4-7: Yosemite National Park - A World Heritage Site, one of the world's most incredible landscapes - Lunar rainbows ("moonbows") - waterfalls at peak flow - dogwood trees blooming by the Merced River - Spring wildflowers - reflections in Spring pools & the Merced River - full moon night landscapes The second photowalk in my series this Spring, again coinciding with the full moon to maximize shooting opportunities, will be to Yosemite National Park. This is one of the most spectacular landscapes in the world, and with lunar rainbows and night, full waterfalls, and wildflowers and trees blooming, this is arguably the best weekend of the year to visit. Feel free to RSVP or ask questions here, or for more information in a post which won't get buried, I've set up a post under a new Yosemite page at this link, where I'll maintain all the latest logistical details: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/116372553458318494396/116372553458318494396/posts/ct...
Hi
ReplyDeleteHi how are you?
ReplyDeleteGood
ReplyDeleteBellĂsimo!
ReplyDeletePlease unfrend me
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot...!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool Jeff! I see the EXIF is 200mm did you use a tele extender as well?
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful sky.
ReplyDeleteMto lindo esse céu estrelado.
ReplyDeleteBeauty. Photo
ReplyDeleteBeautiful to see
ReplyDeleteJohn Getchel. It was shot at 200mm on a Canon 70D, so the effective focal length was 320 mm. If I had added a teleconverter, the tail of the comet would have been chopped off.
ReplyDeleteMatthew St.Pierre Ha! Made me look. I'm not one of hte 8 people who have you circled, so I cannot unfirend you.
ReplyDeleteAh cool! A definite advantage of a crop sensor!
ReplyDeleteEXIF says 25 sec. Did you use a tracker to shoot this? Seems like you shouldn't be able to get more than 2-3 seconds at 200mm before blurring. Beautiful shot.
ReplyDeleteNever mind. I clicked on the blog link in the post, where you explain that you did indeed use a star tracker.
ReplyDeleteJim Reitz On the same night I also shot with a 16-35 mm lens at 24 mm focal length, with no star tracker:
ReplyDeletehttps://plus.google.com/+JeffreySullivan/posts/DGGW4CTGp26
The comet's smaller of course, but I still find it cool to capture in landscape-scale shots. Now if I could just get the clouds to stay away for a few nights...
Cool shot, Jeff! Phillip Colla and I are going to try to head to some dark skies this week to try our luck.
ReplyDeleteYou definitely should Garry McCarthy. I saw it a couple of nights ago with my eyes (unaided), then through binoculars. It looks like a white fuzzy ball. I hope to catch it on a clear night or two this week to see if the tail has lengthened and/or brightened.
ReplyDeleteUnimaginable comet Lovejoy _ white light sournding blue colour light and trailing mild beem light and in numerous gilltering stars. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful shot!
ReplyDeleteNossa amo olhar para o ceu ..ver as estrelas. ..aqui demais. ..sampa nĂŁo da para ver...
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! Here's an updated image of Comet Lovejoy, as of last night:
ReplyDeletehttps://plus.google.com/107459220492917008623/posts/KMjDHzdJC7w
It's currently near the star cluster Pleiades (high overhead at 8:30 pm in mid northern latitudes), and it should remain bright over the next few nights.
Nossa que privilégio vc viu tudo isso....
ReplyDelete